All visitors except the Indian nationals must hold passport and valid visa to enter into Nepal. Visa can be obtained at the Nepalese embassies or consulates abroad. Visa is also issued at the entry points like Kathmandu International airport upon arrival. Children under 10 years need not pay any visa fee. People willing to get entry Visa required filling the visa form with passport photograph. So, it is suggested to download form and get ready while you are passing through the immigration Point.
All visitors coming to Nepal by road must enter only through one of these entry points:
1) Kakarbhitta, Jhapa District (Eastern Nepal)
2) Birgunj, Parsa District (Central Nepal)
3) Belhiya, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi District, Western Nepal)
4) Jamunaha, Nepalgunj (Banke District, Mid-Western Nepal)
5) Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali District, Far Western Nepal)
6) Gadda Chauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur District, Far Western Nepal)
These above mentioned are located in the Nepal-India border
7) Kodari in the Nepal-China border, Sindhupalchowk District (Northern Border)
Plesse Note: The overland tourists entering Nepal with their vehicles must possess an international carnet or complete customs formalities.
|Multiple entries:||15 days||US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency|
|Multiple entries:||30 days||US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency|
|Multiple entries:||90 days||US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency|
Visa extension fee for 15 days or less is US $ 30 or equivalent convertible currency and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is US$ 2 per day
Tourist Visa Extension: – A tourist visa can be extended up to 120 days from the Department of Immigration in Kathmandu and Pokhara Immigration Office on request. Thereafter an additional 30 days can be extended from Department of Immigration ensuring that tourist visa cannot be extended more than 150 days.
Late fee for not applying extension in time:-
– US$2 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for the first 30 days
– US$3 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for the next 31 to 90 days
– US$5 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for more than 90 days
Gratis (Free) Visa:
Children below 10 yrs
Defendants up to the age of 16 years, holding foreign passports of Nepalese parents or either of their parent being a Nepalese citizen.
Citizen of Nepali origin, after having obtained passport for the first time from a Nepal based foreign mission, until the period of his departure to a foreign country.
Citizens of member countries of South Asian association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) and the People’s Republic of china
Any foreigner, who has lived in Nepal up to fifteen (15) days continuously, re-enters Nepal during the same visa year.
Any foreigner, tourist entering into Nepal for three days or less than that
Gratis visa for 30 days available only for tourists of SAARC countries
Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
Transit visa for one day can be obtained from Nepal’s immigration offices at the entry points upon the production of departure flight ticket via Tribhuvan International Airport in Nepal, by paying US $ 5 or equivalent convertible currency.
For further information, Department of Immigration, web site: www.immi.gov.np
Please Note: Nepal government gives on arrival visa to all nationalities expect following countries:
1. Nigeria, 2. Ghana, 3. Zimbabwe, 4.Swaziland, 5. Cameroon, 6 Somalia, 7.Liberia, 8.Ethiopia, 9.Iraq, 10 Palestine, 11 Afghanistan
Related Pages: Nepalese embassies and consulates abroad http://www.mofa.gov.np/