Makalu expedition is a adventurous climbing expedition to ascend the fifth highest mountain of the world with the elevation of 8,485 meters. . Mount Makalu Himalayan region is encompassed by the remote valleys of Barun River and Arun River. This remote valley is covered with dense forests of diverse natural vegetation incorporated of various species of flora and fauna of highlands and human settlements of Shingsawa, Sherpa, Rai and other Bhotia society. Mount Makalu is a solitary four sided peak living 19km away from the Mt. Everest towards the southeast corner on the borders of India and Nepal. There are two branching peaks of Makalu which are also the highest peaks known to world as Makalu II (Kangchungtse) of 7,678 meters and Chomo Lonzo of 7,200 meters above sea level. Mount Makalu was initially ascended by French expedition on year 1955 from the northeast ridge from northern side through the saddle between Kangchungtse and Makalu making it as a typical route to summit. Mount Makalu is one of the toughest mountains among the Himalayas of Everest region.
The climbing of mount Makalu is done from the western side of the peak on the base camp at 5800meters elevation above sea level. The climber begins climbing from base camp towards the gigantic wall of ice towards 6100 meters altitude and gradually climbs above towards 6500meters altitude. On the way towards 6500meters the climbers pull themselves upwards from the plateau of ice climbing over the ice wall in 45 degree angle and steadily move upwards. While going towards 7400 meters altitude the climbers ascend the ice wall based on the rocky foundation of 55 degree on the steep ice until they reach 7400 meters. The climbers walk on steep ice balancing with the help of climbing gears towards the pillar like foundations of rock of 75 degree towards the west ridge residing at 8000meters till the summit. The some part of climbing expedition needs the support of ropes which are fixed on the altitude of 5800meters till 6100meters, 6500meters till 7500meters.
Day 01:Arrive Kathmandu. Transfer To Hotel.
Day 02-03:Guided Sightseeing In Kathmandu. Necessary Preparations For The Expedition.
Day 04:Kathmandu-Tumlingtar, Trek To Khadbari
Day 05:Trek To Chichila
Day 06:Trek To Num
Day 07:Trek To Sedua
Day 08:Trek To Tashi Gaon
Day 09:Trek To Kauma
Day 10:Rest Day At Kauma
Day 11:Trek To Mumbuk
Day 12:Trek Tonhe Kharka
Day 13:Trek To Sherson
Day 14:Trek To Makalu Base Camp
Day 15:Rest Day At Makalu Base Camp (For The Necessary Acclimatization & Arrangements For The High Camp).
Day 16.Makalu (Higher) Base Camp (5600m).
Day 17-46Climbing Period For Makalu 1(8463m.)
Day 47:Makalu Bc – Mumbuk
Day 48:Mumbuk – Khongma La (Danda)
Day 49:Khongma La – Seduwa
Day 50:Seduwa – Chichila.
Day 51:Chichila – Tumlingtar.
Day 52:Tumlingtar – Kathmandu.
Day 53:In Kathmandu. (Process For The Refund Of Garbage Deposit.)
Day 54:Free Day In Kathmandu.
Day 55:Final Departure.
- All ground transfers as per our itinerary.
- Hotel Thamel Eco Resort in Kathmandu (Bed and breakfast basis inclusive of all govt. Tax and VAT.)
- Guided sightseeing around world heritage sites of Kathmandu. (Includes all applicable entrance fees.)
- Welcome Dinner with Live Nepalese Program hosted by Makalu Adventures.
- All Custom Clearance Fees for your gears.
- Mount Makalu Expedition Royalty (USD 10,000.00 for the team upto 7 members).
- Liaison Officer Fee (USD 2000.00 Including his all expenses, Airfares, foods, insurance and wages).
- National Park Permit Fees. (Included all other entrance fees/permits wherever necessary.)
- Airfare: Kathmandu-Tumlingtar-Kathmandu.
- Transportation of all of your gears and our equipments, foods to the Makalu Higher Base Camp (5600m).
- Full Logistic support for the Expedition. All the Camping & Kitchen Equipments (High Quality Salewa German / UK Quasar Super Tents) Such as Two Men Tent, Toilet Tent, Dinning Tent, Mattresses, Tables, Chairs, Hot water bag, Pillows, Inner Sheet and etc.
- Trekking Sherpa, One Trekking Sirdar, One High Altitude Cook, Kitchen Helpers, High altitude Porters and their daily wages.(Also including their insurance with all necessary lodging – fooding – clothing arrangements.)
- Three times meal a day till reaching Base Camp and after returning from Base Camp, prepared by our very professional kitchen crew.
- (Including the fuel).
- Medical treatment (if necessary) for our crew.
- Cargo flight (Kathmandu-Tumlingtar-Kathmandu) for your equipments.
- All International Airfares / Airport taxes.
- Expenses of personal nature such as bottled drinks, mineral water, tips and etc.
- Rescue and evacuation – if needed.
- Personal medical and travel insurance.
- Deposits for using Communication Sets (Walkie / Talkie and other Satphones).
- Garbage Deposit (USD 3000.00), which is refundable after the Expedition.
- All arrangements above Makalu Higher Base Camp (5600m) (Climbing Tents / High altitude foods etc).