Dhaulagiri Expedition is an outstanding climbing expedition to ascend the seventh highest mountain of the world known as Mount Dhaulagiri. Dhaulagiri Himalaya range is incorporated of 13 Himalaya summits which is above 7000meter altitude among them Dhaulagiri-I is the highest peak of 8,167meters height. The Dhaulagiri Himalaya is located in the district of Myagdi towards the Northwest region of Nepal. The Dhaulagiri region is enclosed by Myagdi river on southwest and Northernside by Bheri river. This region is spread over the distance of 120 kilometers west towards Bheri River from the river of Kaligandaki.
The majority of ascends on Dhaulagiri Himalaya have done via the northeast ridge course which is the same route of initial ascent but various climbers have tried other route too. Till the year 2007 there has been 358 successful climbing on this region. The word Dhaulagiri is called White Mountain locale language residing 40 miles western side of Annapurna Himalayas on the Valley of Gandaki River. The Dhaulagiri is the Himalaya range that is seen from Bihar in the north and UtterPradesh in the South. The climbers will witness the gigantic views of Dhaulagiri Mountain on the valleys of upper Dolpo towards the north and far western region on the west along with eastern side of Kali Gandaki Valley. The climbing route is the same traditional route that is used in past expeditions of successful ascending of the summit. The Dhaulagiri Expedition takes the travelers to the worlds of stimulating landscapes of lush mountains, clear rivers, green forest and marvelous encompassing Himalayas. The Dhaulagiri Himalaya is standing proud in its white coat and crowned summit accompanied by four outlines puzzling the slopes. The Dhaulagiri Himalaya is incorporated of five slopes where southern slope and western slope of 4000meters height are witnessed from the Dhaulagiri base camp. The regular route for successful ascending is the same which was used during the first successful ascending giving the good results of 358 successful ascents of the mountain.
Day 01:Pick Up from Kathmandu Airport and transfer hotel.
Day 02:Official formalities, expedition preparation In Kathmandu.
Day 03:Drive from Kathmandu to Darbang (920m) which takes about five hours Overnight at Tent camp.
Day 04:Trek from Darbang to Dharapani Overnight at Tent camp.
Day 05:Trek from Dharapani to Muri Overnight at Tent camp.
Day 06:Trek from Muri to Bagar Overnight at Tent camp.
Day 07:Trek from Bagar to Doban overnight at tent camp
Day 08:Trek from Dovan to Sallaghari overnight at tent camp
Day 09:Trek from Sallaghari to Italy base Camp overnight at tent camp
Day 10:Trek from Italy base camp to Dhaulagiri Base Camp (4700m).
Day 11-41:Climbing Period (Summit Period to Mt. Dhaulagiri 8167m)
ay 42:Preparation to returning (Clean Base Camp)
Day 43:Trek from Dhaulagiri Base Camp to down Yak Kharka(3680m
Day 44:Trek from Yak Kharka to Jomsom(2710m) ,Which Takes about six hours.
Day 45:Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara, which takes about 20 minutes.
Day 46:Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist mini bus that takes about seven hours.
Day 47:Leisure day and shopping in Kathmandu. Nepalese cultural program with farewell dinner in the evening.
Day 48:Final departure, or alternative Join other activities
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with other necessary surface transport (by Non A/C Vehicles) as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by Snowy Horizon’s representative while arriving and departing.
- 4 Nights accommodations at 4 Star hotels in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- 2 Nights 4 star accommodation in Pokhara on B/B basic
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhnath and Durbar Square).
- Local English-speaking Tour Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Necessary staffs including experienced guides and porters during the trekking and climbing.
- All trekking and camping equipments like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/ Lodge/ Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during trek and climbing in twin sharing basis.
- Per person 50kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak and 40kg baggage allowance while returning from Base Camp after climbing the Mt. Everest.
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee)and TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System).
- Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Dhaulagiri
- Nepalese Government Royalty;
- One Experienced, Trained, Government Licensed, and 03 Times Everest Summiteer Climbing/expedition Guide (Sherpa) per client.
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs in trekking and expedition.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Emergency Oxygen mask and regulator provided on requirement of guest with appropriate charge
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the base camp.
- Solar panel for light and battery charger.
- All tents for camp 1, 2 and 3. Ice fall charges and Gamow Bags.
- We provide Sherpa’s tents, food for climbing, and insurance
- high altitude food for member and sherpa including drinks and cooking crew
- Free assistance service for Cargo clearance and Duties.
- Our service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt/Pashmina etc.)
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara (except for the farewell dinner)
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars or any other food consumed beyond the prescribed breakfast, lunch and dinner, etc.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc.
- Transportation is not on disposal basis. It is strictly as per the itinerary. Any extra distance travelled will be charged extra.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Walkie-talkies & Filming permit (if special camera).
- Personal climbing gears;
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” SECTION.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival)
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary